Divisional Chart I: Trimsamsa
Trimsamsa chart is used to delineate various kinds of evils one is likely to face. The key signification of the divisional charts can be known by finding out the root of the divisional chart, by expunging the multiple of 12. Trimsamsa means 30th division and by expunging the multiple of 12, we arrive at 6 (30-12*2 ), which is the house of diseases, servants/ service, enemies and ltigation (troubles we face in this world due to external circumstances). Different harmonics of divisional charts are concerned with different level of consciousness within which the effect it shown.
Physical- Primary (D-1 to D-12)
Conscious- Secondary/ First harmonic (D-13 to D-24)
Sub-Conscious- Tertiary/ Second harmonic (D-25 to D-36)
Super- Conscious- Quaternary/ Third harmonic (D-37 to D-48)
Supra- Conscious- Pentenary/ Fourth harmonic (D-49 to D-60)
Beyond Material Consciousness- Beyond fourth harmonic (>D-60)
Trimsamsa or D-30 falls under the boundaries of second harmonic or domain of the sub-conscious and hence shows the effect of the enemies which are embeded in our sub-conscious mind and troubles our existance from within. Since it deals with sub-consiciousness and the house of enemies, we must understand that our biggest enemies are our 6 source of weaknesses, which repeatedly bring us to this material existence like invisible shakles binding us strongly and preventing us from soaring high, being free!
Thus it is important to realise these enemies within and overcome them and then only we can be free. This makes this division very crucial to be examined as we are all in the path of spiritual evolution and breaking the shakles of material weaknesses can enable us to cross the boundaries of human beings.
Though in male nativity it is very significant, in a female nativity, it is more as they are bearer of the moral thread in this material existence and hence this divisional chart is extensively used for finding out her moral character.
Though there are various trimsamsas, the current topic of discussion is "the Parashari Trimsasa" This chart is used to know about diseases which is borne out of our inherent weaknesses or the shad-ripus. The shadripus are broadly signified by Saturn, the Karaka of sixth house for diseases. The six sources of weakness can be attributed to affliction to one of the pancha tattvas (five primordial elements ) and thus shall show the kind of diseases one would suffer with. Because our exisitance is due to the intermingling of the five tattvas which govern various part of our being and this divisional chart is based on the principles of tattvas, it shows kind of character one has and also the time of manifestation of such character.
The six shadripus are governed by 6 planets of the 9 planets. The lumineries are left out as they are the sources of light and remover of all weaknesses. Along with the Lumineries, Jupiter is also left out as it represents the divinity in a horoscope and hence cannot be the source of any weaknesses. Its the blessings of Jupiter, the ruler of Akasha Tattva (Ethery Element), that we can be free from the weaknesses, as it represents the wish of the divine consiousness. These three planets also have one thing in common, they are of Sattva guna, which is the purest form of divine matifestation and cannot be attributed to any weaknesses. The planets governing the six weaknesses are given below:
1. Mars- Anger ( Krodha )
2. Mercury- Jealousy (Matsarya)
3. Venus- Lust (Kama)
4. Saturn- Intoxication (Mada)
5. Rahu- Greed ( Lobha)
6. Ketu- Illusion ( Moha )
METHOD OF CALCULATION
Parashara in BPHS, chapter 6 gives the method of calculation of the Trimsamsa in the following slokas:
triMshAMsheshAshcha vishhame kujarkIjyaGYabhArgavAH
paMchapaMchAshhTasaptAxabhAgAnAM vyatyayAt.h same 27
vahniH samIrashakrau cha dhanado jaladastathA
vishhameshhu kramAjGYeyAH samarAshau viparyayAt.h 28
Meaning: The Trimsamsa Lords for an odd Rasi are Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury and Venus. Each of them in order rules 5, 5, 8, 7 and 5 degrees. The deities, ruling over the Trimsamsas are Agni, Vayu, Indra, Kuber and Varuna respectively. In the case of Even Rasi the quantum of Trimsamsas, Grah lordship and deities get reversed.
Thus for ODD signs, the trimsamsa can be found by placing the planets in ODD signs, in the signs ruled by the planets in the following order
1. Mars- 0 to 5 deg - Aries
2. Saturn- 5 to 10 deg- Aquarius
3. Jupiter- 10 to 18 deg- Sagittarius
4. Mercury- 18 to 25 deg- Gemini
5. Venus- 25 to 30 deg- Libra
For example, if a planet is placed in 3deg 10min in Leo. We note the sign which is an ODD sign and the degree which happens to be 4th degree. So the trimsamsa of this planet would be Mars's (4th deg) ODD sign (because the planet is placed in ODD rasi in D-1 chart), which is Aries Trimsamsa.
However, for Even Trimsamsa, the sequence is reversed, i.e., the 1st Trimsamsa of an even sign would fall in Venusian sign and the last one would fall in Martian sign. The sequence of rulership of Trimsamsa is given below:
1. Venus- 25 to 30 deg- Taurua
2. Mercury- 18 to 25 deg- Virgo
3. Jupiter- 10 to 18 deg- Sagittarius
4. Saturn- 5 to 10 deg- Capricorn
5. Mars- 0 to 5 deg - Scorpio
1. Troubles due to enemity among tattvas:
We must know that the Agni - Jala and Prthvi - Vayu are the set of antagonistic tattvas and they have difficulty in co-existence. Whenever there is any association of these pairs of antagonistic tattvas, troubles manifest in different forms. For example:
1.1. If Rasi chart is in Agni Tatwa and Trimsamsa shows Jala Tatwa (opposite of Agni Tatwa) or vice- versa , there is sure to be plenty of problems.
1.2. Dasa / AD lord which are mutually hostile by owning opposite Tatwas create many serious problems. Such as Sat Dasa- Ven AD or vice versa. Similarly Merc Dasa- Mars AD or vice versa are also troublesome.
1.3. When Trimsamsa shows contradictory influences on any pair, bad results are likely to follow.
2. Planets and Tattvas
As per the Brhat Parashari Hora Shastra, he five tattvas are governed by five planets from Mars to Saturn. The lumineries and the nodes are left out as they do not have any rulership in the parashari trimsamsa. More than that Sun, Moon and the nodes represent the cycle of birth and death (i.e., the "purpose") whereas, other planets show the "process" of creation and destruction-
Agni- Fire- Mars
Prthvi- Earth- Mercury
Jala- Water- Venus
Vayu- Air- Saturn
Akash- Ether- Jupiter
3. Tattvas and Deities
Each tattva has a guiding deity, whom one must worship to get over the weaknesses related to that particular tattva. They are as follows:
3. The Four Trikonas (Trines)
The 12 signs in the zodiac are divided into four sets of three each. These four sets have strong correlation with four tattvas (which repeat with each set) and the four goals of human existence namely, Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha. Lets study the interelationships which is as follows:
3.1. Agni Trikona- Houses and Signs (1,5,9)- Dharma Ayana
3.2. Prthvi Trikona- Houses and Signs (2,6,10)- Artha Ayana
3.3. Vayu Trikona- Houses and Signs (3,7,11)- Kama Ayana
3.4. Jala Trikona- Houses and Signs (48,12)- Moksha Ayana
Akasha Tattva (Ethery Element) binds all the tattvas together and represents the guiding force or supreme consiousness, which form the stratum where the play of the different tattvas take place.
4. Special Houses in Trimsamsa:
4th house: House of Cure
12th house: Hospitals or the place of cure
5. While 6th house is the house of enemies, the 8th house is the house of debt and hence the trimsamsa chart shows Shadripu that aperson acquires in his life and the 8th house represent the congenital weaknesses one is born with as debt of past life karma.
6. Prasna Marga says that diseases can be of two types, Nija, arising out of inherent weaknesses (congenital weakness of some body part, such as liver- diabetes, lungs- asthma, heart- blood pressure) and Agantuk, which comes from external sources such as the pathogens like, bacterias and viruses (also known as Pathogenic diseases).
7. Each of these has two sub- categories. Nija disease can affect either the body (8H) or mind (8H & 5H). Agantuka can be of two types -- Drishta (known causes- 6H ) and Adrishta (unknown causes , Badhak and Badhakesh). In trimasamsa we deal with the weakness of body, mind and the soul (weakness inherited from past births)
8. If one is conscious of forces at work in Trimsamsa, one would not have any weakness at all. This is the best remedy of any weaknesses. So be aware of thy weaknesses.
9. Lagna of any chart shows the native himself. Lagna Trimsamsa shows his weaknesses. It shows what has been defined as Avishnu (i.e not Vishnu or against Vishnu ). In this it is opposite of what is shown by a Drekkana chart, the chart of strengths (governed by the Maharishis). The sources of weaknesses (and related troubles) can be seen from the three houses which control the longevity, i.e., Lagna, Eighth and Tenth. Whereby the strength of the lords of these three houses give the clue to the longevity of the house under consideration, affliction to these houses by natural malefics or Kayesha (6th lord of Rasi Chart), shows troubles in the area governed by them. The significance of each of these houses are given below:
Lagna: Planets in Lagna will show weaknesses acquired during current birth directly related to bodily weaknesses. If any of Shadripu coming from any planet is in Lagna, this is a weakness that has developed in this birth due to inherent weakness of Trimsamsa Lagna itself ( which means intelligence, learning etc.). In addition to planets in Lagna, LL of this chart will indicate the Tatwa that has become strong or weak . Lagna Lord of Trimsamsa chart shows the exact nature of disease.
10th House: Planets (Malefics) afflicting the 10th house denoting Shadripu shows mental weaknesses where weaknesses develop due to various pressures which the mind fails to counter.
8th House: Planets afflicting eighth house shows weaknesses inherited from past incarnation as this is the house of debt, which binds us to the karma in past birth.
10. The house arrived at by counting the Trimsamsa Lagna from the Janma is a very crucial house and shows the the area of life the person shall be troubled due to the weaknesses.
TIMING THE WEAKNESSES
Naisargika Dasa ( natural period ) is a wonderful tool in finding out negative experiences one is likely to go through in this life.
Mars: 2 to 5
Mercury: 5 to 12
Venus: 13 to 32
Jupiter: 33 to 50
Saturn: beyond 50
Any afflictions to these planets will show negative experiences in the corresponding age group. In particular curses on these planets should be checked in Trimsamsa.
1. A remedy can be suggested based on Trimsamsa Lagna. Based on the following planets lording the lagna, the remedies can be suggested as per the list given below:
Mars- Light a lamp.
Venus- Puja or Daan.
Mercury- Mantra Japa.
In this context Mantra Mahodadhi opines that one who worships Panchadevata everyday (as per table above) shall have a smooth life and shall always be protected irrespective of evils, because all Trimsamsas are covered by this worship. In Panchopachara Puja, the five tattvas can be propitiated by using the materials signified by them as per the followin table:
Agni- Deepa - Lighting a lamp
Prthvi- Gandha- Perfume
Vayu- Dhoopa- Incense stick
Jala- Naivaidya- Food
Akasha- Pushpa/ Mantra- Flower/ Mantra
Best remedy (Pt. Sanjay Rath)
Best remedy for any planet is to worship the Deity concerned with the planet's trimsamsa. E.g., If Sun is in Saturn's (Vayu) Trimsamsa then worship Shiva for relief from negative Sun. The dieties to be worshipped for getting over of negetivities of planets placed in different Trimsamsas are as follows:
Mars's Trimsamsa- Agni- Surya
Mercury's Trimsamsa- Prthvi- Ganesha
Venus's Trimsamsa- Jala- Devi
Saturn's Trimsamsa- Vayu- Shiva
Jupiter's Trimsamsa- Akasha- Narayana
TO BE CONTINUED ...