2-7. Nature due to Lordships of Grahas. Benefics, owning Kendras, will not give benefic effects, while malefics, owning Kendras, will not remain inauspicious.
This particular aspect of lordship goes by the name of Kendradhipatya dosa. The term suggests the evil arising by the virtue of lordship of a Kendra.
Maharishi Parashara says that, benefic owing Kendra loses it beneficence while malefic loses its malfeasance owning Kendras. However it is not said that Benefics become malefics and malefics, benefics. There is a subtle difference between them, a benefic after losing its beneficence becomes a neutral planet only and so does a malefic.
The Lord of a Kona will give auspicious results. The Lord of Lagna is especially auspicious, as Lagna is a Kendra, as well as a Kona. Putr and Dharma Bhava are specially for wealth, while Yuvati and Karma Bhava are especially for happiness.
The Kendras, 1st, 4th, 7th and 10 are the houses of happiness whereas the Konas, 1st, 5th and 9th are the houses of wealth. Lagna being a Kendra and a Kona are especially auspicious.
Any Grah, owning Sahaj, Ari, or Labh Bhava, will give evil effects.
The lords of 3rd, 6th and 11th are inauspicious. They combinedly go by the name of Trisdhadaaya. The terms Trishadaaya is derived from tri+shad+aaya, which literally means 3rd, 6th and 11th.
The effects, due to the Lords of Vyaya and Randhr Bhava, will depend on their association.
8th and 12th lord are neutral. They beget their nature based on their other lordship or association. For example for Gemini Lagna, Saturn being the 8th and 9th lord becomes auspicious for the native.
In each group the significance will be in the ascending order.
This says that among the Kendra, 10th is the strongest one, among the Konas, 9th is the strongest one and among the trishadayas, 11th is the strongest one.
Randhr’s Lord is not auspicious, as he owns the 12th from Dharma Bhava. If the Lord of Randhra Bhava simultaneously owns Sahaj, Yuvati, or Labh Bhava, he will prove specifically harmful, while his simultaneous ownership of a Kona will bestow auspicious effects.
Even though 8th house is neutral it is not auspicious as it signifies loss (12th) of dharma (9th). If the 8th lord simultaneously owns the trishadayas, it shall be extremely inauspicious. However if it owns the Konas, it shall be auspicious.
If a Kendra or Kona lord simultaneously lord over the 8th house, it will not contribute to Rajayoga (Kendra & Kona lord association). Hence 8th lord can be termed as Yoga-breaker. Thus whenever there is any association of the 8th lord in any yoga, it gets broken or nullified.
The Graha, owning a predominant Bhava, will stall the effects, due to another, owning a less significant Bhava and will give his own results.
If a planet owns two bhavas, it will give effect of the predominate one while stalling the effect of the other less significant one. This is based on natural strength of bhava which is
Natural strength of houses has been mentioned in books like Laghu Parasari. The quadrants, in the rising order of 1st, 4th, 7th & 10th are stronger than the Trishadayas in the order 3rd, 6th and 11th. The Trishadayas are stronger than the trine 5th and 9th houses. The 2nd and 12th houses have no strength of their own and depend on the other house lordship of their owner. The eighth house is always evil and is never stronger than the ascendant. Thus on the basis of lordship the planets can be placed in the following ascending order of natural strength (influence) in the chart: 2nd, 12th, 5th, 9th, 3rd, 6th, 11th, 8th, 1st, 4th, 7th & 10th house lord.
Thus a planet owning both 8th and 9th shall give more effects of 8th than 9th since naturally 8th is stronger than 9th.
Randhr’s lordship of Sūrya and Candr is not evil.
Sun and Moon do not suffer the blemish of 8th lordship. Among all the nine planets, Sun and Moon are the only luminaries are the sattvik planets and hence they do not suffer due to the lordship of the 8th house.
8-10. Natural Benefics and Malefics. Guru and Śukr are benefics, while Candr is mediocre in benefice and Budh is neutral (a benefic, when associated with a benefic and a malefic, when related to a malefic). Malefics are Sūrya, Śani and Mangal. Full Candr, Budh, Guru and Śukr are stronger in the ascending order. Weak Candr, Sūrya, Śani and Mangal are stronger (in malefic disposition) in the ascending order. In revealing maleficence, due to rulership of Kendras, Candr, Budh, Guru and Śukr are significant in the ascending order.
Jupiter and Venus are natural benefics, Moon is middling while Mercury neutral. Sun, Saturn and Mars are the natural malefics.
Full Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus are stronger in that order for beneficence, whereas weak Moon, Sun, Saturn and Mars are stronger in ascending order for malfeasance.
Thus the sequence of planet arranged in the increasing order of beneficence is Mars, Saturn, Sun, Weak Moon, Full Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus. Thus Mars is the most malefic and Venus is the most benefic in the scheme of Kendradhipatya Dosha.
11-12. Lordships of Kendras and Konas. If there be an exchange between a Lord of a Kendra and a Lord of a Kona, or, if a Lord of a Kendra is yuti with a Lord of a Kona in a Kendra, or in a Kona, or, if a Lord of a Kona is in a Kendra, or vice versa, or, if there happens to be a full Drishti between a Lord of a Kendra and a Lord of a Kona, they cause a Yoga. One born in such Yoga will become a king and be famous.
For rajayoga, various kinds of associations between Kendra and Kona lords are narrated here, they are:
- Conjunction between lord of Kendra or Kona
- Exchange (lord of Kona in Kendra and lord of Kendra in Kona)
- If Kendra lord is in Kona or Kona lord is in Kendra.
- Mutual aspect between lords of kendra and kona
13. If one and the same Graha gets the lordships of a Kona, as well as a Kendra and is placed in a Kendra, or in a Kona, it will prove specially a Yoga Karaka.
If a Kona lord also happens to be Kendra lord and placed in a Kendra or Kona, becomes a special yogakaraka (bestower of yoga). A yogakaraka needs to be placed in a Kendra or Kona to become specifically a strong yoga karaka, bestowing affluence.
Tradition teaches that the placement of a yogakaraka in the house it is a karaka of gives auspicious results. Thus Yogakaraka Saturn is placed in the 12th house for Taurus Lagna becomes extremely auspicious, even if it is debilitated.
14. Lordship of Kendra. It has been said, that a malefic, owning a Kendra, will become auspicious, which is true, only when it simultaneously Lords over a Kona and not by merely owning a Kendra.
It has been mentioned earlier that natural malefics owning Kendra can bestow auspicious results, however this is possible only of it simultaneously owns a Kona and its mere lordship of a kendra does not make it auspicious.
This sloka is often misinterpreted. Many take Malefics as auspicious just by their virtue of owning kendra, however Maharishi Parashara makes it clear that such malefic should simultaneously lord over a Kona.
15. If the Lords of a Kendra or a Kona own simultaneously an evil Bhava, he does not cause a Raja Yoga by mere relations stipulated (as per Ch. 34, Slokas 11 and 12).
For a rajayoga to form, the lord of the Kendra or the Kona should not simultaneously rule a trishadaya.
16. Rahu and Ketu give predominantly the effects, as due to their yuti with a Bhava Lord, or, as due to the Bhava they occupy.
Nodes give their results based on their conjunctions or their placements (is there are no conjunctions).
17. If Rahu and/or Ketu are in Kendra, receiving a Drishti from, or in association with the Lord of a Kona, or of a Kendra, it will become Yoga Karaka.
Nodes become yogakarakas if
- They are placed in Kendra and aspected by a lord of Kona.
- They are associated with lord of a Kendra or a Kona.
18. O Maharishi Parashara, please narrate, according to the Rāśis rising, as to which Graha is a Yoga Karaka and which is inauspicious.
19-22. Grahas and Mesh Lagna. O Brahmin, listen to these with examples. Even though Mangal is the Lord of Randhr Bhava, he will be helpful to auspicious Grahas. Śani, Budh and Śukr are malefics. Auspicious are Guru and Sūrya. The mere Yuti of Śani with Guru will not produce auspicious effects (although they own a Kona and a Kendra). If Guru is at the disposal of a malefic, he will surely give inauspicious results. Śukr is a direct (independent) killer. Śani etc. will also inflict death, if associated with an adverse Graha (Śukr).
Here Maharishi Parashara starts narrating about the Yogakarakas and marakas for each lagna. They are as follows:
- Sun: Sun is the lord of the 5th house and hence a auspicious planet
- Moon: Moon is the lord of kendra, hence suffers with Kendradhipatya dosa. However based on whether Moon is benefic or malefic based on its paksha bala, we would know if Moon is really suffering from Kendradhipatya dosa.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of lagna and the 8th house. Since 8th lordship is neutral, it be a auspicious planets for the lagna. However due to 8th lordship it will not participate in any rajayogas.
- Mercury: Mercury is the lord of 3rd and 6th house and being the lord of 2 trishadaya, it is a first rate malefic.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the lord of 9th and the 12th house. Since 12th house is a neutral house, it is a auspicious planet, being the lord of a Kona.
- Venus: Venus being the lord of two maraka sthanas 2nd and 7th lord becomes a primary maraka, an independent killer.
- Saturn: Saturn is the lord of 10th and 11th house. Being the lord of a Kendra and a malefic, it would have been a auspicious planet (to some extent) however due to its lordship over 11th house a trishadaya, it is neutral to the lagna. Being the lord of a trishadaya it will not participate in any rajayoga. Thus its association with the Jupiter the 9th and 12th lord, shall not bestow the benefits of Dharma Karmadhipati yoga on the native.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- A Sun-Moon combination confers rajayoga
- Venus is a maraka
- Jupiter becomes a maraka if he occupies Capricorn
- A Jupiter-Saturn association doesn’t confer a rajayoga
- An Aries native will have fear of diseases (especially smallpox), weapons and injuries
- If Mars conjoins Mercury, death by brain disease occurs in his dasa and bhukti
- This is the only lagna where it’s great if the 2nd lord is in the 12th; this isn’t the case with any other lagnas
- A Mars-Venus combination can be both favourable and fatal
- Mars, when conjoined with Jupiter and Venus in Taurus, becomes a yogakaraka
- If the above combination occurs in Gemini, there isn’t any yoga
- If Mars conjoins Jupiter in Cancer, he becomes a yogakaraka
- Mars will prove a benefic during his dasa if he’s in Leo
- Jupiter in Aquarius won’t automatically give good results in his dasa
- A Mercury-Mars combination in Virgo gives the native skin diseases, eruptions and wounds
- The native will possess self-earned wealth if Mars and Venus are in Libra
- Mars, if in conjunction with Sun and Venus in Scorpio, will confer some fame
- There’s a special yoga produced when Mars, Sun and Jupiter are in Sagittarius, with Venus and Saturn in Libra
- Venus confers a rajayoga if he’s in lagna with the Sun and unaspected by Jupiter
- Sun will become a yogakaraka when aspected by Jupiter; the same can’t be said for Venus when she’s aspected by Jupiter
- A Sun-Mercury-Venus combination in Aquarius is a fortunate combination, with all three conferring riches during their dasas and bhuktis
- When Sun is in lagna and Moon in Cancer, the native enjoys a rajayoga
- A Sun-Jupiter-Venus combination in Capricorn helps the native enjoy dips in holy rivers like the Ganga
23-24. Grahas and Vrishabh Lagna. Guru, Śukr and Candr are malefics. Śani and Sūrya are auspicious. Śani will cause Rajayoga. Budh is somewhat inauspicious. The Guru group (Guru, Candr and Śukr) and Mangal will inflict death.
- Sun: Sun is the lord of 4th house is auspicious, due to shedding off its maleficence owning a Kendra.
- Moon: Moon is the lord of 3rd, a trishadaya, hence an inauspicious planet for the lagna.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of 7th and 12th house. Since 12th lordship is neutral and 7th is a marakasthana, it becomes a maraka, a death inflictor. However due to lordship over a Kendra, it is also a auspicious planet.
- Mercury: Mercury is the 2nd and 5th lord. 2nd lordship is neutral; hence mercury is auspicious being the lord of the 5th house. However being the 2nd lord, it still retains its sting of maraka.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the 8th and 11th lord; both are inauspicious lordship, hence for this lagna this planet is inauspicious.
- Venus: Venus is the Lagna and the 6th lord. 6th lordship shall make the planet inauspicious; in addition, the due to the lordship of Lagna, a Kendra, it suffers from Kendradhipatya dosa. Hence it is inauspicious for the lagna.
- Saturn: Saturn is the lord of 9th and 10th house and hence a yoga karaka. Since it is the primary karaka for the 8th and 12th, its placement in these houses shall bring out the rajayoga. In addition to this its association with other Kendra or Kona lord shall also cause rajayoga, however the other planet should not suffer due to lordship of 3rd, 6th, 11th and 8th.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- Neither is Saturn a yogakaraka, nor do Sun and Mercury confer any fortunes if they’re in lagna
- If there’s a Mars-Jupiter combination in Capricorn or Rahu is in Aquarius, the native enjoy dips in holy rivers like the Ganga
- Moon is capable of producing a yoga when posited in Leo and aspected by either Jupiter or Mercury
- Mars, when in 7th, is a benefic. If Sun and Jupiter are conjoined in Pisces, long life is indicated
- A Jupiter-Mercury association causes dhana yoga
- The above dhana yoga is destroyed if either planet is aspected by Mars
- There will be debts during Mercury’s dasa if there’s an association between Mars, Jupiter and Mercury
- Jupiter’s dasa will give mixed results whereas Mars’ dasa gives wealth. If Mercury is in a quadrant, the native is blessed with happiness during its dasa
- If Mercury and Venus are in lagna and Jupiter is in Scorpio, Mercury dasa will be fortunate
- If Mars and Venus are in lagna, and Jupiter is in Capricorn, both Mercury’s and Jupiter’s dasas will be fortunate
- If Saturn, Mercury and Mars are in Capricorn, and Rahu in Pisces, the native enjoy dips in holy rivers like the Ganga during the dasas of Mars and Rahu
- If Moon and Venus are in Libra, with Jupiter and Mercury in Pisces, Jupiter dasa will cause a dhana yoga
- Lots of wealth are indicated in the Venus dasa
- Moon in lagna isn’t very auspicious, and will afflict other dhana yogas present in the chart
- The native becomes very fortunate if Moon is in the lagna of any sign other than Taurus
25-26. Grahas and Mithuna Lagna. Mangal, Guru and Sūrya are malefics, while Śukr is the only auspicious Graha. The Yuti of Guru with Śani is similar to that for Mesh Lagna. Candr is the prime killer, but it is dependant on her association.
- Sun: Sun is the 3rd lord and is inauspicious.
- Moon: Moon is the lord of 2nd house and hence a maraka. However it is not an independent killer, like Venus for Aries Lagna; it is dependent on association.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of 6th and 11th house and is extremely inauspicious.
- Mercury: Mercury is the lagna as well as the 4th lord and hence suffers from Kendradhipatya dosa. It is not inauspicious; the most can be said for this planet is that it shall be neutral.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the lord of 7th and 10th house and being a first rate benefic owning a Kendra, it becomes inauspicious for the lagna. However, he is relinquished from the dosa, if it forms yoga with Kona lord Venus.
- Venus: Venus is the 5th and 12th lord. 12th being a neutral lordship, lordship of 5th shall make Venus auspicious for this Lagna.
- Saturn: Saturn is the 8th and 9th lord. Even though it is auspicious due to the lordship of 9th house and 8th being neutral, it will not cause any raja yoga by its association with a kendra lord, since it co-lords 8th house.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- The placement of Sun and Mercury in Leo proves fortunate in Mercury’s dasa
- A Venus-Moon-Mars conjunction in Cancer results in wealth during the Venus dasa
- There will be mixed results during Saturn dasa if Mars is in Cancer, with Moon and Saturn in Capricorn
- With the above planetary placement, Mars confers wealth during his dasa
- If Mars and Saturn are in Cancer and Moon in Capricorn, the native’s prosperity and wealth get mostly destroyed during the dasas of Mars and Saturn
- Despite being the lord of 2nd, Moon isn’t a maraka
- When Saturn is in Aquarius and there’s a Mars-Moon conjunction in Aries, a powerful dhana yoga results
- If Saturn and Jupiter are in Aquarius, the native enjoy dips in holy rivers like the Ganga during the dasas of Jupiter and Saturn
- When Mercury is in Aries, misunderstandings with elder brother are indicated
27-28. Grahas and Kark Lagna. Śukr and Budh are malefics, Mangal, Guru and Candr are auspicious. Mangal is capable of conferring a full-fledged rajayoga and giving auspicious effects. Śani and Sūrya are killers and give effects, according to their associations.
- Sun: Sun is the lord of the 2nd house, which being a neutral house shall make Sun, a neutral for this Lagna. However, being the lord of the 2nd house, it is also a maraka. Since it is not a full maraka, not owing the 7th house, it shall give results based on association.
- Moon: Moon is the lagna lord, hence is auspicious.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of 5th and 10th and is a yogakaraka. It is capable of giving full fledged rajayoga if it’s conjoined with other kendra lord or kona lord or placed in a kendra or kona. Placement in one of its own houses shall also give good rajayoga.
- Mercury: Mercury is the lord of 3rd and 12th house. Being the lord of 3rd house it is inauspicious; while 12th is neutral.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the lord of 6th and 9th house and hence a neutral planet. It will not give rise to rajayoga by associating with any kendra lord.
- Venus: Venus is the lord of 4th and 11th lord. It is suffering from Kendradhipatya dosa and is the owner of a trishadaya too, which makes it an inauspicious planet for this lagna.
- Saturn: Saturn is the lord of 7th and 8th house, hence a maraka. 8th lordship of Saturn is neutral, whereas 7th lordship makes him a maraka. Since it is not a full maraka, not owing the 2nd house, it shall give results based on association.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- While Mercury proves fruitful, Jupiter doesn’t cause any yoga
- Mars is a yogakaraka, and even more so if posited in either of his own houses
- Venus can also be a benefic, but only if he’s posited either in Leo or Gemini
- If Mars, Jupiter and Moon are in Leo, with Sun and Venus in Scorpio, the native will become wealthy and fortunate
- If Mercury and Venus are in Scorpio, Mercury confers fortune during its dasa
- If Mercury, Venus and Moon are in Gemini, Jupiter in Cancer and Sun in Aries, the result is a maha rajayoga and will definitely make the native a king.
- If Sun and Mars are in Aries, the native will always be wealthy. Death results during the Jupiter dasa.
- If Mercury and Venus are in Gemini, Venus dasa will prove fortunate.
- A Jupiter-Moon conjunction in lagna will make the native famous and fortunate.
- When Moon is in lagna, rajayogas are produced when either Mars is in Capricorn, Saturn is in Libra, or Sun is in Aries.
- When there’s a combination of Sun and Mercury in lagna, Venus in Libra, and Moon-Mars-Jupiter in Taurus, the native becomes bankrupt during the Sun dasa, while other dasas will be good.
- If Mercury and Jupiter are in Taurus, and Saturn and Rahu are in Scorpio, the native enjoy dips in holy rivers like the Ganga during the Rahu dasa.
29-30. Grahas and Simh Lagn. Budh, Śukr and Śani are malefics. Auspicious effects will be given by Mangal, Guru and Sūrya. Guru’s Yuti with Śukr (though, respectively, Kona and Kendra Lords) will not produce auspicious results. Śani and Candr are killers, who will give effects, according to their associations.
- Sun: Sun is the lagna lord, hence is auspicious.
- Moon: Moon is the 12th lord, hence is neutral for the Lagna.
- Mars: Mars is the 3rd and 10th lord, an inauspicious as well as auspicious bhava, making it a neutral planet.
- Mercury: Mercury is the 2nd as well as 11th house. 2nd lordship is neutral whereas 11th lordship is inauspicious making Mercury an inauspicious planet. In addition it is a maraka, being the lord of 2nd house; however such results are given based on association.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the 5th and 8th lord hence an auspicious planet. However due to its ownership of 8th house, it is incapable of giving rajayoga.
- Venus: Venus is the 4th and 10th lord and is a yogakaraka. Thus it is capable of giving yoga with right association and placement.
- Saturn: Saturn is the lord of 6th and 7th house, which makes it inauspicious. Even though, it owns a kendra, it should have shed its maleficence however, due to its ownership of 6th, it is unable to do it.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- Sun-Mercury-Mars or Sun-Jupiter-Mercury conjunctions indicate wealth, whereas only a Sun-Mercury combination indicates moderate fortunes.
- A Jupiter-Venus combine causes destruction of other yogas.
- Venus can’t produce yoga. However, he becomes a benefic when in Libra but a malefic when in Taurus.
- If there’s a Sun-Mercury-Mars conjunction in lagna, the Mercury dasa brings in much wealth.
- The Saturn dasa will be fortunate if there’s a Saturn-Mars combination in Cancer.
31-32. Grahas and Kanya Lagn. Mangal, Guru and Candr are malefics, while Budh and Śukr are auspicious. Śukr’s Yuti with Budh will produce Yog. Śukr is a killer as well. Sūrya’s role will depend on his association.
- Sun: Sun is the lord of 12th house, hence neutral.
- Moon: Moon is the lord of 11th house, hence inauspicious.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of 3rd and 8th houses. Here 3rd lordship is inauspicious, while 8th lordship is neutral, making it a inauspicious planet for the lagna.
- Mercury: Mercury is the lord of Lagna as well as 10th. 10th lordship is neutral whereas Lagna lordship makes it auspicious planet for this lagna.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the 4th as well as 7th lord, both suffering due to Kendradhipatya dosa, hence mildly inauspicious. However while joins with a Kona lord, it shall become yogakaraka and shed it mild maleficence.
- Venus: Venus is the 2nd as well as 9th lord, hence auspicious for the Lagna. Its association with Mercury can cause powerful Dharma-karmadhipatya yoga. Its association with Jupiter can also cause raja yoga, though of lesser order.
- Saturn: Saturn is the 5th and 6th lord, hence shall be neutral. Due to lordship of 6th house, it is incapable of causing rajayoga due to association with Kendra lords, Mercury or Jupiter.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- A Sun-Moon-Venus association will bring in lots of wealth during the Sun dasa
- The native loses wealth during the Venus dasa. Mixed results can be expected during the Moon dasa
- When Moon and Venus are in Pisces, with Jupiter in Cancer and Sun in Aries, during the Jupiter and Venus dasas, the native will have multiple wives, who will all be alive. Virgo natives possess women of high rank
- A Jupiter-Venus combine in Sagittarius produces fortunes during their dasas and bhuktis
- If Saturn is in Cancer, its dasa will be fruitful
33-34. Grahas and Tula Lagna. Guru, Sūrya and Mangal are malefics. Auspicious are Śani and Budh. Candr and Budh will cause Rajayoga. Mangal is a killer. Guru and other malefics will also acquire a disposition to inflict death. Śukr is neutral.
- Sun: Sun is the lord of 11th house, hence inauspicious.
- Moon: Moon is the lord of 10th house, hence capable of giving rajayoga.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of 2nd as well as 7th house, hence becomes the primary maraka and inauspicious.
- Mercury: Mercury is the lord of 9th and 12th house, hence auspicious.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the lord of 3rd and 6th house and is extremely inauspicious for this lagna.
- Venus: Venus is the lord of Lagna as well as 8th. Due to the blemish of 8th house, it is incapable of participate in any rajayogas. However, nevertheless it is a auspicious planet, since its 8th lordship is neutral, whereas lagna lordship is auspicious.
- Saturn: Saturn is the lord of 4th and 5th house and is a yogakaraka. Based on its placement and association, the yoga shall fructify. It can associate with Moon or Mercury to give rajayoga. Even its placement in the 12th or 8th house shall give yoga too, since it is the karaka for these houses.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- Saturn is a yogakaraka. Though lord of 3rd and 6th, Jupiter is also capable of producing yogas
- Mars doesn’t become a maraca, although it lords the 2nd and 7th houses
- If Jupiter and Venus are associated or are aspected by Saturn and Mars, during the Jupiter or Venus dasas and bhuktis, the native suffers from skin infections and wounds
- If Sun and Mercury are in Virgo and aspected by Saturn, the father will be fortunate
- If Mars is in association with Sun, Saturn and Mercury, it produces immense good
- If Sun, Mercury and Saturn are combined with either Moon or Mars, a rajayoga is produced
- If there’s a Sun-Venus-Mercury combination in lagna, the native gets very fortunate and wealthy
- If in lagna there are Mercury, Saturn and Venus, or the Moon and Mars in Aries, the Mercury dasa will prove fruitful
- The presence of Mars and Mercury in Leo, Jupiter in Taurus and Saturn in Gemini creates a rajayoga
- If Moon is in lagna with Jupiter either in Virgo or Pisces, the Saturn dasa brings in wealth and fortune
- Venus becomes a maraca if he’s in the ascendant
- If the Saturn is in lagna and Moon in Cancer, a rajayoga results
- If Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury and Mars are in Aquarius, and Rahu is in Cancer, the native enjoy dips in holy rivers like the Ganga during the Rahu dasa
35-36. Grahas and Vrischik Lagn. Śukr, Budh and Śani are malefics. Guru and Candr are auspicious. Sūrya, as well as Candr are yogakarakas. Mangal is neutral. Śukr and other malefics acquire the quality of causing death.
- Sun: Sun is the lord of 10th house, hence is mildly auspicious. It is capable of causing yoga since it doesn’t lord over 3rd, 6th, 11th or 8th.
- Moon: Moon is the lord of the 9th house, hence is auspicious.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of Lagna as well as the 6th house, thus making it neutral. It is incapable of involving in any rajayoga too.
- Mercury: Mercury is the lord of 8th and 11th house, hence inauspicious.
- Jupiter: Jupiter lords over 2nd and the 5th house, hence is auspicious. However it still is a maraka, which is more dependent on its association.
- Venus: Venus is the lord of 7th and 12th house, hence is a maraka, stronger than Jupiter. It can inflict death based on its association.
- Saturn: Saturn is the lord of 3rd and 4th house, an inauspicious house and another neutral house, thus making it an inauspicious planet for this lagna.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- An association of Jupiter and Mercury brings in wealth
- If Jupiter is in Capricorn, the native will be charitable
- If Sun, Mercury and Venus are in Taurus, the Mercury dasa confers lots of fame and power
- When Jupiter and Mercury are in Pisces with Moon in Virgo, the native will be fortunate
- If there’s a Jupiter-Moon-Ketu combine in Cancer, the Ketu dasa will be ordinary but the Jupiter dasa excellent
37-38. Grahas and Dhanu Lagna. Only Śukr is inauspicious. Mangal and Sūrya are auspicious. Sūrya and Budh are capable of conferring Yoga. Śani is a killer, Guru is neutral. Śukr acquires killing powers.
- Sun: Sun is the lord of 9th house, hence is auspicious.
- Moon: Moon is the lord of 8th house. Since Moon does not suffer from blemish of 8th lordship, it is neutral.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of 5th and 12th house, hence auspicious.
- Mercury: Mercury is the lord of 7th and 10th house, both Kendra. Since Mercury suffer with Kendradhipatya dosa only to a small extent, Mercury is neutral for this lagna. However it can participate in the rajayoga. Association with Sun, the 9th lord can cause a first rate rajayoga.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the lord of the lagna as well as the 4th house. Due to 4th lordship it suffers from Kendradhipatya dosa, however its lagna lordship is auspicious, thus making it a neutral planet.
- Venus: Venus is the 6th as well as 11th lord, thus a first rate inauspicious planet for this lagna.
- Saturn: Saturn is 2nd and 3rd lord, hence inauspicious. It is a maraka too, being the lord of 2nd house.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- Saturn, when in Aries, confers prosperity during its dasa
- This is the only ascendant for which Saturn in 11th confers a yoga
- If Sun and Venus are in Leo with Saturn in Aquarius, the Saturn dasa will bring in wealth
39-40. Grahas and Makar Lagna. Mangal, Guru and Candr are malefics, Śukr and Budh are auspicious. Śani will not be a killer on his own. Mangal and other malefics will inflict death. Sūrya is neutral. Only Śukr is capable of causing a superior Yoga.
- Sun: Sun is the lord of 8th house, hence is neutral. Sun does not suffer the blemish of 8th lordship. Hence it would not break any rajayoga due to its association.
- Moon: Moon the lord of 7th, hence is a maraka.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of 4th and 11th house. 4th lordship is neutral, while 11th lordship makes Mars an inauspicious planet.
- Mercury: Mercury is the lord of 6th and 9th houses. Since it owns an inauspicious as well as an auspicious house, it is a neutral planet. It is not clear, why Maharishi Parashara calls it a auspicious planet.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the lord of 3rd as well as 12th lord. Being the lord of an inauspicious as well as a neutral house, it is an inauspicious planet for this lagna.
- Venus: Venus is the lord of 5th as well as 10th house, hence a yogakaraka.
- Saturn: Saturn is the lord of Lagna as well as the 2nd house. However since Lagna lord always protects the native, it shall not be a maraka on its own. However whichever planets it associates with can becomes maraka.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- If Mercury is in Leo with Jupiter in lagna and aspected by Venus, long life is conferred, but with poverty
- Venus in in Taurus is good; if in Libra, though, he may not prove so fortunate
- If Venus and Mercury are in lagna with Moon in Taurus aspected by Jupiter, the native is certain to become an emperor. This is called a maharaja yoga
- If Jupiter is in lagna with Venus and Mars in Scorpio, brothers will give the native riches during the Jupiter dasa
- When Sun, Moon and Mercury are in lagna, with Mars and Venus in Sagittarius, the native will be replete with wealth
- A Saturn-Mercury combination in Virgo confers fortune. Rahu becomes a yogakaraka if he’s with Jupiter in Sagittarius
- The presence of Moon in Cancer and Mars in lagna causes a rajayoga
41-42. Grahas and Kumbh Lagn. Guru, Candr and Mangal are malefics, while Śukr and Śani are auspicious. Śukr is the only Grah, that causes Raj Yog. Guru, Sūrya and Mangal are killers. Budh gives meddling effects.
- Sun: Sun is the lord of 7th house, hence is a maraka.
- Moon: Moon is the lord of the 6th house, hence is inauspicious.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of 3rd as well as 10th house. 10th lordship of Mars is neutral whereas 3rd lordship is inauspicious making it an inauspicious planet for the lagna.
- Mercury: Mercury is the lord of 5th as well as 8th house. Due to 8th lordship, even though, it is a auspicious planet for the lagna, it will cause any raja yoga due to association with kendra lord.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the 2nd as well as 11th lord. 11th lordship makes it an inauspicious planet. In addition due to lordship of 2nd house, it becomes a maraka too.
- Venus: Venus is the lord of 4th and 9th house, hence is auspicious and a yogakaraka too.
- Saturn: Saturn is the Lagna lord as well as 12th lord. 12th lordship being neutral, Saturn becomes an auspicious planet for this lagna.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- For both Aquarius and Leo ascendant natives, the mere association of the 9th and 10th lords doesn’t confer any rajayoga
- If Venus and Rahu are in lagna with Sun in Scorpio, yoga will be caused in the dasas of Rahu and Jupiter
- If Sun and Mars are in Virgo, the native suffers during their dasas. The Mercury dasa will be better
- Jupiter in lagna with Saturn in Pisces will see mixed results during the Jupiter dasa and an ordinary time during the Saturn dasa
- If Saturn and Venus are in Sagittarius, the Venus dasa proves fortunate
- A Sun-Mercury-Jupiter combine in Aries is good, especially during the Sun dasa when the native enjoys power
43-44. Grahas and Meen Bhava. Śani, Śukr, Sūrya and Budh are malefics. Mangal and Candr are auspicious. Mangal and Guru will cause a Yoga. Though Mangal is a killer, he will not kill the native (independently). Śani and Budh are killers.
- Sun: Sun is the lord of 6th house, hence inauspicious.
- Moon: Moon is the lord of 5th house, hence an auspicious planet.
- Mars: Mars is the lord of 2nd as well as 9th lord. 2nd lordship is neutral and 9th is auspicious, hence Mars is auspicious for this lagna. Being the 2nd lord it is a maraka too.
- Mercury: Mercury is the lord of 7th and 10th. Since suffers from Kendradhipatya dosa only mildly, it is a mild malefic. Being the lord of 7th, it is a maraka too, however it shall give the results with association.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the Lagna as well as 10th lord. 10th lordship of Jupiter is neutral, hence being the lagna lord it is auspicious for this lagna.
- Venus: Venus is the 3rd and 8th lord. 8th lordship is neutral whereas 3rd is inauspicious, hence Venus is inauspicious.
- Saturn: Saturn is the 11th and 12th lord. 12th lordship is neutral whereas 11th is inauspicious, making Saturn an inauspicious planet for this lagna. Maharishi Parashara additionally says that Saturn is a Maraka too.
Bhavartha Ratnakara says:
- While Venus in 12th produces benefic results for all other ascendants, this isn’t the case for either Pisces or Aquarius
- Saturn in Aquarius is good. However, if Moon is in Aquarius, the native suffers poverty (though there’s an alleviation of this in Jupiter dasa, Moon bhukti)
- Jupiter in Cancer will bestow more daughters than sons
- If Moon is in Aries and Mars in Cancer, Moon’s dasa brings wealth
- If Moon and Mars are in Capricorn, Jupiter in Leo, Venus in Libra and Saturn in Scorpio, the native will be highly fortunate
- A Moon-Mercury-Mars combine in Capricorn is an indicator of wealth and conveyances
- If Saturn and Moon are in lagna, Mars in Capricorn and Venus in Leo, predict fortune for the native
- If Mercury, Jupiter, Moon and Mars are in lagna, the dasas of these planets bring in immense fame, power and prosperity
- Jupiter posited in Sagittarius certainly causes a rajayoga
- If Moon is in Taurus, Sun in Leo, Mercury in Virgo, Venus in Libra, Jupiter in Sagittarius, Saturn in Aquarius and Mars in Capricorn, there’ll be much fortune to the native. Even if one or two of these combinations are absent, there’ll still the full effects of a rajayoga